You’re probably thinking, I am too old for braces, but you’re not, you’re never too old! There are many reasons why adults may want or need orthodontic treatment and these days, traditional braces aren’t the only solution. Let’s discuss why orthodontic treatment may be right for you, and the different options that are available to you.
Why Orthodontic Treatment May Be Right for You
- May help fix bite problems that cause grinding, prevent chipping of teeth and unnecessary wear on your teeth, as well as improve talking and chewing comfortably.
- Can make it easier to clean your teeth and keep plaque from building up in those hard to get to spaces, which helps prevent cavities and gum disease.
- Can boost your confidence by enhancing your bright, beautiful smile.
- May help correct and prevent jawbone and joint problems including headaches, TMJ pain and the breakdown of bone.
- May help with some sleep issues, including sleep apnea.
- Treatment can close gaps caused by missing teeth or prepare your mouth for bridges or implants.
- Fillings and crowns? No problem, those teeth will move just like natural teeth.
Whether you’ve never had braces, or you need a tune-up from years of not wearing your retainers, we’ve got you covered. There are a couple of options when it comes to orthodontic treatment:
Clear aligners are an effective, less intrusive way to straighten that smile. Much like a custom-fitted mouth guard or retainer, you can take the aligners off for anything such as a family picture or to make sure they are clean. It makes flossing and brushing a breeze and causes less discomfort than traditional braces. Working directly with an orthodontist instead of a direct-to-consumer, mail-in type of aligner, will give you the customized one-on-one treatment that is needed for the best results. Unlike the mail-in aligners, your treatment will be actively monitored by our orthodontist and he can work in conjunction with your local dentist and other specialists to ensure they keep up to speed on your dental and health history and other dental needs. Nothing can beat the care of in-person treatment.
Book Your Consultation
At SuperSmile Orthodontics in Las Vegas, NV, we use self-ligating brackets. Self-litigating brackets are similar to traditional ones except that they have a built-in system to secure the archwire to the brackets instead of metal ties or colorful elastic bands. Generally speaking, your visits will be shorter, the braces can be easier to clean and they may cause less discomfort than traditional braces. Although they are not required, we can put colored elastics on your brackets if you would like to make a statement or show your personality!
So don’t wait! Contact us to schedule a consultation today.