Our orthodontist and team, along with the American Association of Orthodontists®, recommend that children receive their initial orthodontic screening by age 7. By this age, children have developed enough that orthodontic problems can be easily diagnosed and treated. Early interceptive treatment can often reduce or entirely eliminate a number of future problems, including:
- Jaw misalignment and TMJ disorders
- Finger sucking, tongue thrusting and other harmful oral habits
- Trauma from protruding front teeth
- Airway issues
- Speech issues
Other benefits of early treatment include:
- Guiding children’s teeth and jaws into the correct positions as they develop
- Providing more space for crowded or unerupted teeth
- Improving facial symmetry
- Reducing the need for future tooth extractions
- Reducing overall treatment time in the future
- Promoting a healthy and well-balanced smile that will boost your child’s self-esteem
- Providing better results for your child than what could be achieved by only undergoing treatments when they are older
During your child’s initial orthodontic screening, Dr. Brian Chamberlain will determine whether orthodontic treatment is needed, and if so, when it should begin. If your child requires early treatment, we will discuss their options with you and create a personalized treatment plan to help them achieve the best possible results from their care.
If you have any questions about early orthodontic treatment in Las Vegas, Nevada, or to make an appointment, call SuperSmile Orthodontics today at 702-645-5100!